Ultraviolet Disinfection Systems are proven, affordable, environmentally friendly technology ensuring safety of your water source. If you have a private water well or surface water you can trust UV Disinfection. UV light disrupts the DNA in the microorganisms, disabling the microorganism’s ability to duplicate and cause potential illness.
In order for the Ultraviolet Disinfection system to work effectively the contamination or microorganisms needs to be open to a minimum level of UV energy for adequate disinfection.
Here are the minimum guidelines that are generally required resulting in annual maintenance consisting of UV Lamp replacement and cleaning of the quartz sleeve:
Turbidity < 1 NTU
Suspended Solids < 10mg/L
Total Iron < 0.3 mg/L
Manganese < 0.05 mg/L
Hardness < 7 gpg
UV output of the UV lamp declines slowly with time and has a useful life span of 9000 hours. Over 9000 hours the output starts to promptly which effects the disinfection process and performance. We will schedule an annual maintenance appointment to come out and replace the lamp and clean the quartz sleeve. Regular water testing is recommended to verify the safety of the water.
- Ten year pro-rated warranty on the stainless steel disinfection chamber
- One year warranty on UV lamps, sleeves, and sensors
- Three year warranty on UV power sources
- Warranty commences from date of purchase. Proof of purchase required.
- *Warrantied for manufactured defects. Labour Costs not Included.